Last Saturday we’ve got friends for dinner. Then we decide to prepare an Italian dinner.
– Bruschette (roasted bread) with olive oil and oregano.
– Pinzimonio: fresh carrots and fennel with olive oil and balsamic winegar
– Caprese salad: tomatoes, buffalo Mozzarella cheese and basil
– De Cecco/ Di Filippo Pasta with tomato and mushroom dressing completed with Parmesan Cheese
– Backed Chiken with vegetables
– Chocolate and zucchini cake
– Veneto’s Prosecco as starter
– Puglia’s Primitivo for the rest of meal
Yesterday evening I with my long lasting friends decided to have a dinner in our favourite Pub-Restaurant. it’s just behind my parents house, my own father used to go there as he was not yet married and I’ve been there countless times. I’ve also used it to part for my University graduation. Anyway it is still the best Pub in Milano and most likely the best for food quality and pricewise. The Gesa Vegia (old Church in Milano’s dialect) in Bovisa.
Its “bruschette” and sandwich types are countless, from “piccantissima”, to “gesa vegia”, “tartina”, “pancetta”…
It’s not also bad for meat and pasta. If you are in Milano, you have to try it….