Well… few days back at my parents village in South Italy. The place name is Roggiano Gravina, in the Calabria Region.
I promised myself to don’t exaggerate with food… well as Wilde quoted “the best way to resist temptations is surrender to them”. I don’t last three hours after my arrival…
Wild asparagus cake, mozzarella, homegrown chicken, rape vegetables… fresh meat sausage “sazizza” in local dialect…
this is a dangerous place… especially when it’s your mother, your aunt and your cousin (a professional chef) cooking to welcome you!
Last Saturday we’ve got friends for dinner. Then we decide to prepare an Italian dinner.
– Bruschette (roasted bread) with olive oil and oregano.
– Pinzimonio: fresh carrots and fennel with olive oil and balsamic winegar
– Caprese salad: tomatoes, buffalo Mozzarella cheese and basil
– De Cecco/ Di Filippo Pasta with tomato and mushroom dressing completed with Parmesan Cheese
– Backed Chiken with vegetables
– Chocolate and zucchini cake
– Veneto’s Prosecco as starter
– Puglia’s Primitivo for the rest of meal
Imagine that the sponsors of an International Expo reserve the F1 Circuit for a sponsor dinner… And you have the chance to be a guest… Thanks to the sponsors! It’s been quite a night… Spent discussing with a Turkish dealer about economic future of the World
Well to celebrate our reunion after 10 days I switch from my beloved pasta to fish and mushrooms. I cook fish with olive oil, olives, capers, one tomato… And the mushrooms with tomato, red pepoer and garlic… Good result:)