Sometimes you just want to go back to basics. In my case to my favourite food: “Spaghetti al Pomodoro” (Spaghetti Pasta with fresh Tomato Sauce).
Here is it, from ingredients:
San Marzano Tomatoes, Calabria’s Extra virgin olive oil, garlic, onion, fresh basil and Parmigiano cheese.
Just prepare the sauce in a pan with olive oil, garlic and onions (slowly adding the basil).
Cook at medium heat until it becomes a sort of tomato cream. Then add a spoon of red wine and a little of salt (I use Himalaya Pink Salt).
Boil the Pasta (De Cecco Spaghetti of course) for about 10 minutes. When spaghetti are ready, just add them into the pan with tomato sauce with Parmigiano cheese.
And thenit is done!
Well yesterday evening I eat it with French Beaujolais wine.
Today light late lunch. With mamma’s homemade dry tomatoes with oil and garlic. Super!
This evening a new recipe: Italian pasta “Mari e Monti”.
I just boil some champignos mushrooms and then fry them into a few of olive oil togheter with 4 spoons of small shrimps. I kept the water into which I boiled the mushrooms and cook the Fusilli’s pasta adding very small quantity of salt.
When the mushrooms and shrimps were nearly ready I add one spoon of dry Spumante wine and safran. I took the cooked fusilli, mixed them with the seasoning of mushrooms and shrimps, cooking for about 2 minutes more…. And it was healty and ready!
Too much eating last days…. It is time to purify from toxins. Therefore… Mediterranean breakfast: espresso coffe, fruits, yougurt, fresh tomatoes and finally dry frisa bread with antioxidant olive oil (produced by my family in Calabria).
Two days ago it happens to eat a easy but special dish here in Puglia. just linguini pasta with special sea truffles that locals call “coccioli”.
for 4 persons:
– 400 g of linguini (long pasta noodles)
– 50-80 g of coccioli (or sea truffles)
– olive oil
– 3 fresh tomatoes (better San Marzano quality)
– half glass of white wine
1) fry garlic with olive oil till it starts to get brown
2) add the tomatoes cut in pieces (cleaned from internal seeds)
3) heat the sea truffles in boiling water for 30 s- 1 minute, then add them to tomatoes and fry them with low heating
4) add a glass of white wine and let it evaporate
5) when noodles are cooked, put them with tomatoes and sea truffles and let them cook for 1 minute while mixing.